LawTap Student Scholarship
The 2017 LawTap Student Scholarship has now closed. The 2018 LawTap Student Scholarship will open for submissions in November 2017.
LawTap is the online booking engine that connects lawyers and clients. LawTap also has a rich tradition in supporting all Australians to better understand the law. We have demonstrated this by funding LawAnswers.com.au, Australia's most popular online legal community since 2014, and sponsoring AustLII and various legal aid resources.
The LawTap Student Scholarship encourages Australian students to combine their passion for the law by considering how technology can be better used to deliver legal services to Australians.
The winner of the LawTap Student Scholarship will receive an AUD$2,000 grant toward student tuition, textbooks or other approved education costs.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- be enroled in an accredited Australian university or tertiary level training institute and studying at any level as at date of your application; and
- submit your application by 30 June 2017.
The successful applicant must demonstrate:
- strong academic performance in law and/or technology subjects; and
- commitment to helping the Australian community better understand the law or access legal services using technology.
Application and Selection Process
To apply for the 2017 LawTap Student Scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- proof of enrolment at an accredited Australian university or tertiary level training institute; and
- a letter (750 words or less) or video presentation (5 minutes or less) that clearly sets out your achievement of the Selection Criteria.
The LawTap Board of Directors will serve as the Judging Panel for all applications.
- Submissions Open: 1 November 2016
- Submissions Close: 30 June 2017
- 2017 LawTap Student Scholarship Winner announced: 5 July 2017
Please email email@example.com or visit the LawTap Student Scholarship page for further information.